Year 4/5 2017 - 2018
Welcome to year 4/5.
Class teacher: Mrs Topliss
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Dunkerley, Mrs Rayner, Mrs Loadwick
Please take afew minutes to complete our Assessment for Learning Pupil Questionnaire!
The survey provides you with the opportunity to give feedback on what’s happening in the classroom and to give a picture of practice across the school. Please click here to take the survey. Thank you!
In the event of school closure - tasks to complete at home:
1. Read your reading book to a grown up - ask them to record it in your yellow reading log.
2. Practise your times tables - you should know them off by heart up to 12 x 12. You could have a look on line, there are lots of useful games / websites to help you. If you find something you like, make a note of it so you can share it with the class.
3. https://phet.colorado.edu/sims/html/fraction-matcher/latest/fraction-matcher_en.html Have a go at these fraction games.
4. In English we are studying stories and poems of Shakespeare. We know very little about Shakespeare's life. Later on this half term we will be writing an article about his life and work - what can you find out? Make notes to bring into school and use later.
3. 1st March is St David's Day. Research St David and present your findings in an interesting way eg a booklet or a powerpoint. Do not copy and paste - use your own words.
Spring Term Update
As always, we have a busy term ahead of us. Below is some information which I hope you will find useful:
P.E.: Indoor and outdoor PE kit should be in school every day. Our scheduled PE slot this term is on Tuesday afternoon when we will be travelling by coach to Poynton Leisure Centre for swimming lessons. Please help your child to remember their swimming kit on Tuesday morning.
Music: Music lessons will continue on Wednesday afternoon, so again, we would be grateful if you could help your child to remember their instrument and music on Wednesday mornings. Well done to everyone who worked hard on their practice last term – we could really tell that you had been trying. I hope you have found time to play a little over the holidays. I will continue to monitor your practice records this term.
English: We will be looking at stories from Australia and basing our writing around these. At home, please continue to encourage your child to read regularly. If you can spend some time reading with them each week, that would be very helpful. Our new spelling regime has proved very successful – please continue to support your child in learning and practising the weekly spelling pattern.
Maths: We will begin by looking at division and move on to perimeter. As always, please keep practising times tables at home. By this stage we would expect most children to know the multiplication and division facts up to 12 x 12.
Science: Our science topic this half term will be solids, liquids and gasses.
History: This term we will be looking in more detail at the Anglo Saxons, followed by the Vikings.
Geography: In geography we will be learning about the water cycle.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Year 4/5: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 4/5: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 4/5: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display